Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Conservative choice?

As much as it pains me to have to say it, after giving it much careful thought and consideration, I have decided that I will be supporting Mike Huckabee in the March 4 primary election. Why, you ask? Because the Republican elite establishment tells me I should support John McCain. McCain, while stellar in his views on the war, is not even within driving distance of being a Conservative on any of his other views.

Let me be abundantly clear, I do not support Huckabee's anti-war, anti-Bush rhetoric, his softness on crime, or his open borders immigration philosophy. However, McCain's views on these topics are just as bad, if not worse. Where Huckabee gets a slight edge with me is in his views on abortion, marriage, and the appointment of Supreme Court judges. My preference was, is, and always will be to have a candidate who is real, true Conservative, not someone who pays lip service to Conservatism.

What it ultimately comes down to me for me is, a choice between the lesser of 2 evils. Huckabee is by far the lesser evil of the two.

Jim Chitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...