Saturday, May 1, 2010

Perry: Arizona type law not right for Texas



Texas governor Rick Perry said Friday that an immigration law like the one recently enacted in Arizona is not right for his state. Let me make sure I understand this correctly. He is saying that a measure that actually enforces immigration laws already in existence and makes it harder for immigrants to come here illegally and harder for them to stay once they do get here is bad for his state? I can’t help but wonder which he thinks is worse, the problem of illegal immigration, or the law designed to help solve the problem? It would appear he thinks the solution is worse than the problem.



I have never in my life voted for a Democrat, but I might make an exception this time around in the governor’s race. Clearly governor Perry isn’t smart enough to see that an immigration law like the one in Arizona is exactly what Texas needs. If he is not smart enough to see that then he is not smart enough to be governor and is not smart enough to earn my vote.


Governor Perry thinks tough immigration laws are not right for Texas. I only have one thing to say to the governor about that. Governor Perry, it is you Sir, that is not right for Texas. Not anymore. We need a law like the one in Arizona and we need a governor who has the spine to enact one. You Sir, clearly do not. I hope you have enjoyed your time as governor, because if I have anything to say about it, you're done.

Jim L. Chitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...