Friday, December 12, 2008

The month before Christmas

‘Twas the month before Christmas

When all through our land

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

See the police had taken away

The reason for Christmas – no one could say.

The children by their schools not to sing

About shepherds and wisemen and angels and things.

It might hurt people’s feelings the teachers would say,

After all, December 25 is just a “Holiday”.

Yet the shoppers were ready with, cash, checks, and credit.

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it.

CD’s from Madonna, an X-Box, and i-pod.

Something was changing, something quite odd.

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanza

In hopes to sell books by Franken and Fonda.

As Target’s were hanging there trees upside down,

At Lowe’s the word Christmas – nowhere to be found.

At Kmart and Staples, and Penny’s and Sears

You won’t hear the word Christmas, it won’t touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, and diversity

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzer,

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton.

At the top of the Senate there arose such a clatter,

To eliminate Jesus in all public matters.

And we spoke not a word as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace.

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded

The Reason for the Season, stopped before it started.

So, as you celebrate “Winter Break” under your “dream tree”

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say.

Shout MERRY CHRISTmas

Not “Happy Holiday”!!!!!



Author unknown





I don't know about you, but I found this very chilling and very well written. We as Christians and as patriotic Americans MUST NOT allow the godless liberal left take away the meaning of the holiday we celebrate on December 25.



If you don't believe in God and don't celebrate Christmas, that's fine and that's your right in a free country like ours. You have the right to believe, or not believe whatever you choose. What you DO NOT have the right to do is try to take away the same rights from me just because I believe differently than you.



I can't speak for those of you reading this, but I can tell you, you will NEVER hear the words "happy holiday" or "season's greetings" come out of my mouth. I celebrate CHRISTmas, and that is exactly what I will call it and I don't care if it offends you or not.



As I said, you have the right to believe or not believe and celebrate or not celebrate whatever you wish. But, you also have to realize that this is my country too, and I enjoy the same freedoms as you and if I want to call the "holiday" CHRISTmas, that is exactly what I will do!! If you don't like it or want to hear it, TOUGH!! There are plenty of less free countries you can go live in and plenty of airlines with flights leaving every hour to those countries. I invite you to get on one ASAP. And, given the current state of the economy, if having the money for the ticket is a problem, I'll be happy to help.



So, with that Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year!!!



Jim Chitty

Writer/Columnist/Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...