Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A great one lost

Our loss is Heaven's gain with this past Sunday's passing of legendary gospel singer Dottie Rambo. Ms. Rambo, 74, was en route to a Mother's day concert at Fountain of Life Church in North Richland Hills Texas when her tour bus crashed into an embankment near Mt. Vernon Missouri, killing Ms. Rambo and injuring 6 others on board. She was a driving and powerful force in gospel music and was loved by many. She will be missed not only by her friends and family, but also by her fans.

I am not and never have been a fan of the gospel music genre, tending to gravitate more towards contemporary Christian/Christian rock music as opposed to traditional gospel. That being said, even I recognize the impact Ms. Rambo's music and ministry have had over the years. This is a huge loss.

Even though I have never had the privilege of meeting Ms. Rambo, I know I will one day. She is now in Heaven with her beloved Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who also happens to be my Lord and Savior. That's why I know I will meet her one day. We will both spend eternity in the same place. You can join us there too if you like. There are only two options as to where you will spend eternity, Heaven or Hell. The choice of destinations is yours and yours alone. If you would like to know how you can make your destination Heaven, email me at my2centsworth@tx.rr.com and I will be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction!

Jim Chitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...