Thursday, July 26, 2007

Who let the dogs fight?

Apparently Michael Vick did. You know, there have been so-called superstars in many different sports that have done some pretty despicable things, but this one just about takes the cake for me.

Making dogs fight, and then killing them when they loose?? I can't wrap my brain around that kind of cruelty and depravity. The dogs were killed in pretty disgusting ways. They were hung, drowned, electrocuted, and even shot for losing the fight. What would Vick think if the Falcons decided to do that to him if he lost a game? I don't mean to compare Vick to a dog. I don't want to insult dogs that way.

Michael Vick is one of the lowest forms of life on this planet for this. I hope he gets the maximum penalty that the law allows when he is convicted of this unspeakable cruelty. If he is allowed by the Falcons or the NFL to take another single snap, then both organizations will lose credibility and will prove themselves to be just as despicable as Vick.

And, a message to Emmit Smith, choose those whom you publicly support more carefully. I have always respected you as a person of class, intelligence, and integrity. To come out and publicly support this low-life seriously calls all of those qualities into question. Surely you don't condone what he did? And if you do, what does that say for you? Not much. Don't let Vick suck you into the vortex that he is currently in. I would hate to see you Emmit become as ill thought of from this point forward as Vick will be all because for whatever reason you decided to stick by this guy.

Vick's career and personal reputation are swirling around the toilet bowl, just waiting for someone to pull the handle. And, for my part, I already have. He's been flushed. I just hope that large of a load of feces doesn't do permanent damage to the plumbing.

Jim Chitty
"Be alert. The world needs more lerts." Anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...